1. 2012-2016 Substance Prevention Infrastructure (SPI) and Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant SAPT BG)
Frontier Community Coalitions 2012-2013 Substance Prevention Infrastructure(SPI ) and Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (SAPT BG) will be awarded using a competitive basis approach. All time lines contained in the request for application must be adhered to for funding to be considered.
Download the Request for Application as a pdf file.
Application Released: June 4, 2013
Pre-Application Teleconference: June 19, 2013*** (see specifics below)
Letter of Intent Due- June 28, 2013 (Fax to 7-273-2402 or Mail to P.O. Box 1460 Lovelock, NV 89419
Application Due- July 12, 2013- 4:00 PM
Application Technical Review- July 16, 2013
Application Objective Review- July 23, 2013**** (see details below)
Funding Decision to SAPTA- July 24, 2013
Sub-Grant Awards Sent to providers- July 31, 2013
Signed Sub-Grants due to FCC- August 12, 2013
Signed Sub-Grants to SAPTA- August 19, 2013
Project Period Begins- September 1, 2013
***A Pre-Application Teleconverence will be held from 10-12 PM on Wednesday, June 19. Applicants may call in to 1-213-342-3000 Access Code- 21213 or attend in person at the FCC office located at 1475 Cornell Ave., Ste. 500 Lovelock, NV 89419.
****An objective reviewer /board decision teleconference will be held from 11-12:55 PM on Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013. Objective reviewers. Board members and public may call int o 1-213-342-3000 access code 21213 or attend in person at the FCC office located at 1475 Cornell Ave., Ste. 500 Lovelock, NV 89419.
If you are considering applying for these funds, we will look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
2. FCC Local Sub-grant Application Information
Eligibility for sub-grant funding:
1. All organizations must have been in operation for at least on year.
2. All organizations must reside and carry out projects within Humboldt County, Lander County or Pershing County.
3. Individuals are not eligible to apply for Frontier Community Coalition funds.
Funding approval is determined by:
1. Completion of application and support materials. Download an application as a pdf. file.
2. A majority vote from the resident county local community committee (LCC) after the applicant presents the proposal at a regular monthy coalition meeting.
3. Award requests are subject to availability of funds.
4. Execution of a contract for services.
Funding Scope of Work includes but is not limited to:
1. Data collection via surveys, sign-in sheets, or other means as determined by the applicant and the coalition director.
2. Updates about the funded program and the numbers served to be presented at each LCC monthly meeting for the duration of the funded program and at its conclusion.
What Frontier Community Coalition will fund:
Programs and activities that promote substance and alcohol abuse prevention and other health-oriented projects in the tri-county communities. Past programs have included parenting classes, youth conferences with a focus on substance and alcohol abuse prevention. Peer to Peer health education programs, the MAGIC program, Diabetes Self-Management Education, driving safety programs and other life skills programs.